What is an ‘online marketing strategy’ and why is it important?
Consumer habits have changed dramatically around the globe due to Covid-19 LOCKDOWN and it is likely to continue evolving. Surveys show that many consumers will continue with their newly formed shopping habits even after the easing of lockdown.
And it’s not only shopping habits that are changing rapidly. Online learning, online meetings and online exercise classes have become the norm in many households around the world.
Ask yourself these important questions:
- “Will my business survive? “
- “Is my business VISIBLE ONLINE?”
- “Am I part of the solution?”
The answer should be YES! And if it’s not, NOW is the time to GET ONLINE!
Having an online presence alone is not enough. You need to ensure your business provides a VALUABLE ONLINE CUSTOMER JOURNEY. This starts with a great online marketing strategy!
What is an ‘Online Marketing Strategy’?
In a nutshell, it refers to a business marketing plan, using the Internet and related channels –
To promote your:
- products or
Channels may include:
- a website,
- social media accounts,
- emails, and
You may have different promotional reasons for using different channels.
Promotional reasons may include:
- building long-term customer relationships, or
- converting social media followers into revenue!
Develop this important strategy:
- How do I grab and retain the visitor’s attention?
The quicker you engage the visitor and the longer you keep their attention, the better the end result!
What you need to create a great customer journey!
There are many online marketing techniques, and each of these is made up of different strategies. Each business, product and even individual services, may require a different approach.
You need to carefully:
- plan, and
- test strategies
For instance, do you understand your target audience’s behaviour? A lot of research is done globally all the time and you are able source insights about this on the Internet.
These are some of the questions you need to ask:
- Which devices do consumers use to search the Internet? For example, smartphones, tablets, desktops? This may mean you need to develop an App to make the customer experience easier.
- Do consumers use Google, Facebook or Takealot to search for information on the Internet?
Here are some basic online marketing strategies you may choose to implement:
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- SEO practices (Search Engine Optimization)
- Social Media, and
- Paid Advertising
How to Implement a Successful Online Strategy
There are many components to a successful online marketing strategy. This is an overview of some of the tools you can use.
Let’s unpack some of the online marketing strategies:
Content Marketing – blogging
Social Media – Facebook
Online Branding – logo, graphics, artwork
It is a very powerful tool in creating opportunities for businesses to:
- improve online search rankings,
- reach a larger audience, and
- ultimately increase their client base/revenue
Make sure you have a high quality WEBSITE!
WordPress is a website builder and currently owns the largest market share, globally!
Your website host should be a reputable web hosting company, offering you:
- 24/7/365 support
- Control over your budget and website
- Fast SSD storage and high performance servers
- 9% Uptime
Implement good SEO practices – Search Engine Optimization is the practice to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through search engine results.
Social Media – start a Facebook Group! Worldwide 2.5 billion people use Facebook every month!
Develop online branding in line with your traditional branding. Continuity is key! Font, colours, logo …
WordPress websites offers:
- easy uploads,
- great themes and
- multiple plugins to help you create an online presence that will take your business to the next level!
Speak to us at OpenHost about your ideas and concerns, we are happy to help and we meet all WordPress requirements.